Litigation & Dispute Resolution
Through its team of seasoned litigators, Heizer | Paul represents plaintiffs, defendants, interveners, and amici in state and federal trials and appeals. We also assist individual, business, and public sector clients in arbitrations, mediations, and informal settlement negotiations. We have particular experience in the following areas:
- Business and real estate related contract disputes.
- State and federal employment discrimination charges, wrongful discharge claims, actions to enforce non-competition and trade secrets protection agreements, and other employment law disputes.
- Claims asserted against employee health and welfare plans under both ERISA and state law.
- Claims brought by and against local governments, legislative bodies, elected officials, and regulatory agencies.
- Local, state, and federal election law matters, campaign finance complaints, and Colorado Independent Ethics Commission actions.
- Prosecuting and defending against constitutional and other civil rights claims.
- Bankruptcy and insolvency proceedings on behalf of creditors and other stakeholders.