Government Relations & Lobbying
Combining the professional expertise of seasoned political attorneys with the sophistication and credibility of dedicated government relations specialists, Heizer | Paul fields a Government Relations and Lobbying Team second to none.
Our work includes:
- Lobbying for business interests, trade associations, and nonprofit organizations in the General Assembly, before regulatory agencies, and in city councils and county commissions.
- Tailoring client-focused legislative, regulatory, and communications strategies aimed at near-term victories and long-term success.
- “Reading the Tea Leaves” to identify the optimal time and avenue for our clients to achieve public policy success.
- Drafting, advocating for, and monitoring both proactive and defensive legislation and regulations that can protect and enhance our clients’ business success.
- Assisting our clients with message development, communications, and media relations.
- Developing and maintaining relationships of respect with key elected officials and regulators to assure that our clients are heard where and when they need to be.
- Training our clients to be persuasive in legislative testimony and to work effectively with state and local government officials.