Employment & Employee Benefits
Heizer | Paul covers HR needs from hiring to retiring. We assist local governments and private employers of every size and across a wide variety of industries with:
- Employment applications, policies & agreements; executive compensation issues; confidentiality, non-solicitation, non-competition, and trade secrets protection agreements and litigation; reductions in force; severance agreements; unemployment & workers compensation compliance; and internal investigations.
- Defense of DOL & IRS compliance reviews, audits, and litigation; EEOC charges of discrimination; ADA, ADEA, ERISA, FLSA, FMLA, Title VII, and wrongful discharge claims asserted in state & federal courts and in arbitration proceedings.
- Employee benefit plan compliance; requests for proposals and contract negotiations for TPAs and investment advisors; plan terminations; IRS & DOL voluntary compliance program and audit defense; and ERISA litigation.
- Compliance issues, including self-dealing, unrelated business taxable income, program related investments, and expenditure responsibility
- Spirited & creative employee & management training presentations.