Associations & Professional Societies
Heizer | Paul Associations and Professional Societies Practice Team has a wealth of experience working with organizations that represent, advocate for, and set the professional standards of professions and industries.
Our work includes:
- Serving as primary outside counsel to associations and societies representing doctors; nurses; dentists; optometrists; assisted living providers; veterinary care providers; attorneys; geologists; financial planners; investment management consultants; environmental health professionals; insurance brokers; auto dealers; veterans; snow sports instructors; realtors; and museums.
- Assisting in the formation and revision of professional and industry standards, and overseeing disciplinary proceedings.
- Developing and supporting legislative and regulatory strategies.
- Providing advice on formation, governance, operation, merger, and dissolution of societies and associations.
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating leases, affinity and endorsement agreements, employment agreements, licensing agreements, and special event agreements.